Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Semi Day-in-the-Life of Me & My kidzzzz :)

Wow, so like anyone else, sometimes you take a minute to look around and are like, HOW is this happening?! So, in being at a loss for words, I thought I would share some of my week thus far (and yes, it's only Tuesday) through pictures..

So first, our rotting bananas were re born into this delicious banana bread, recipe compliments of one of my besties, Christina :)  Cream 1 stick of cultured butter, 3 bananas, 2 eggs, and 1 cup sugar. In another bowl, mix 2 cups wheat flour, 1 tspn baking powder, and 1/2 tspn baking soda. Mix together wet & dry ingredients. Add nuts or chocolate/carob chips if desired. Bake at 350 for 45- 60 minutes. Enjoy!

My toddler came home from school with these "Valentines" for my husband and I that he made at school. So cute, even though my toddler then ate them both :)

This morning, around 11:30am I think it was, as I was attempting to get some dishes done and take a shower, I took stock of our home, and had to just laugh. THIS is what I was looking at:

a kitchen covered in chalk and action figures.... and a random plate....

a living room in complete disarray....

yes, even with memory cards ALL over the floor... sigh.... (all while the toddler is playing with the chalk in the kitchen lol)

play area= destruction zone # 3... double ugh....



.... bed unmade, and changing table .... well, UGH.... :)


now enter toddler wanting some juice, complete with bringing me his cup ....






Last but not least, remainder of morning spent washing cloth diapers...


....and feeding the toddler, who YES is still in his jammies... lunch :)





So ladies & gentlemen, the moral of this story, is that it does not matter if your kids (or you for that matter) stay in your jammies all day, or if your house is in a state of complete and utter chaos.

What matters to me, is today, I spent the majority of the day being Batman, and Lightning McQueen, and the Lion King, and a baby rocker, and baby feeder, and toddler hugger, and movie buddy, and yoga partner, and cook, and maid, and mommy, and wifey, and babysitter! But all in all, a wonderfully productive (albeit exhausting) day :)



One of my faves from kellymom:


What Did I Do Today?

What did I do today?
Today I left some dishes dirty,
The bed got made around 3:30.
The diapers soaked a little longer,
The odor grew a little stronger.
The crumbs I spilled the day before,
Are staring at me from the floor.
The fingerprints there on the wall,
Will likely be there still next fall.
The dirty streaks on those window panes,
Will still be there next time it rains.
Shame on you, you sit and say,
Just what did you do today? 

I nursed a baby till he slept,
I held a toddler while she wept.
I played a game of hide and seek,
I squeezed a toy so it would squeak.
I pulled a wagon, sang a song,
Taught a child right from wrong.
What did I do this whole day through?
Not much that shows, I guess that' s true.
Unless you think that what I've done,
Might be important to someone,
With bright brown eyes and soft brown hair,
If that is true...I've done my share. 

-Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment