Search This Blog

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Sunday Surf

Here are my highlights from this week! Feel free to share yours below in the comments so I can keep up with what you are checking out <3

The Sparkle Mama

I loved her recent post about Changes and New Chapters. We are, along with the majority of America, in the throws of financial chaos right now. We are trying to keep food on the table, and a roof over our heads, and the majority of our 'green' alternatives are out of necessity to save cash! I loved her real, nitty gritty description of their troubles, yet how they remain a solid family unit. For better or worse right? :) I'm with ya Sparkle Mama! <3


Blissful Booty Cloth Diapers

One of my new FAVES! I love their wipe water concentrate their scents are incredible! They also have an incredible selection of cloth diapers and other cloth diapering accessories. We just got our 1st BBCD as an Easter gift and can't WAIT to try it out! 


I just recently discovered though, that they also have a blog, and their first Welcome post is an amazing insight as to how this WAHM business was born. I am always happy to support WAHMs, but especially when the product ends up being so fantabulous! :)

photo credit: BlissfulBooty.com

Job Description: Mommy

Spring has SPRUNG! And I loved her recent post on Camping with a Toddler. We do a lot of camping as a family as well, and also have an infant and a toddler, so while our toddler is used to camping, we're not sure what this summer will bring with the infant involved :) . But we are always prepared with sand toys, bubbles are a GREAT idea, make sure you have plenty of healthy SNACKS and water, and my personal FAVE: Avon Skin So Soft Insect Repellent and Sunscreen in a cool color-disappearing lotion. LOVE IT!! <3


Last but not least, my little tid bit of the week:




Cloth diapering has been quite the adventure for us. We use a combination of the disposable and cloth inserts for the g diapers, and have JUST added the Blissful Booty Cloth Diapers to our stash! Lately, to save money, we have been using more of the cloth inserts. However, they are beginning to STINK. And I mean, really stink- like to the point where I think she has a poopy diaper, and it's really just the smell of the pee in her cloth insert... GROSS (I know, probably TMI, but too bad!) haha :)

So I posted on the g diaper Facebook page my gripe, and SO many moms responded back with that I should immediately use Rockin Green Cloth Diaper Detergent. So I just want you all to know, I JUST placed my order for my very own Smashing Watermelons Rockin Green Detergent over at diapers.com and it should be here Tuesday. I'll let you know how it all turns out!

What cloth diaper detergent do you use?

No comments:

Post a Comment